Update: Parent dashboard
A new version of itslearning has been released. The most important news includes a new parent dashboard, and a new library, in addition to almost 150 enhancements and corrections.
Engage the parents!
The first version of the parent dashboard is finished and released in beta. Our goal is to provide the parents with an overview of the child's school work, development, behaviour and presence – a combination that will enhance the home-school communication.
Although still under development, parents are allowed to log in to itslearning and access an overview of their children's planned and completed activities, courses, personal reports and lesson plans.
A little manual work is necessary from the system administrators before parents can log in: Enable the parent dashboard, add parent users, and assign parents to the learners. See the help for more information.
The first version includes ten features:
- New global setting: Allows system administrators to enable or disable the parent module.
- Profiles: New profile setting for parents.
- eSafety: The fixed eSafety rules are updated to cover the parent relationships.
- Mentor menu: A new Parents link is added to the mentor menu.
- Mentor: A new child-parent overview is created for the mentor.
- Individual learning plans: As a preparation for the upcoming ILP content block, mentors can now make certain information from the ILP visible to the parents.
- Administration: Administrators are allowed to add parents to a learner.
- Parent user import: Possible to import parents via CSV files.
- Child dashboard: A dashboard is created for each child, containing the most important information parents need to know about their child's education and school life.
- Parent content blocks: The following content blocks are available:
- Planned activities
- Completed activities
- Course list with links to personal reports and lesson plans
The child dashboard as seen from a parent's perspective (click the picture for a full-screen view):
The mentor menu:
Read more about the parent dashboard in the help!
Posted on Thu, April 15, 2010
by Øyvind Flatnes