This release includes support for French language, some enhancements of existing functionality and bug fixes. See below for a more detailed explanation of the changes and new features.
The screen shots shows the enhanced search results view.
In this version we have added French as a new language. You can change your language in My settings
>> Customise it’s learning
. Bonne chance!
- The rich-text editor has been updated with a new version that has better browser support including latest versions of Safari and Opera. Many bugs and other issues have also been fixed.
- The ActiveX editor is phased out and users with this editor enabled will now get the Rich-text editor. All new users will also get the Rich-text editor.
- We also recommend users with Java editor to change editor to Rich-text editor. This can be done by changing editor at My Settings >> Customise it´s learning. The Java editor will be phased out later this year.
Early learner interface
The following enhancements have been made to the early learner interface:
- The user interface of the text editor has been improved.
- Better colour and fading effects on menus.
- A new graphical user interface is added to the bulletins.
- If the course contains learning tools that are not supported in the early learner interface, these elements are marked with a light grey colour in the teacher view.
- It is now possible for the learners to select from three different themes or skins by clicking the icons in the top right corner of the early learner interface.
- An error on the personal image in the top left corner of the early learner interface has been fixed.
The early learner interface.
Early learner administration
The following enhancements have been made to help configuring and administrate access to the early learner interface:
- It is now possible to activate and deactivate the primary interface. This is done by clicking Administration >> Edit global settings >> General and check the box in front of Early learner interface.
- We have added functionality for batch converting user profiles in the administration interface. The feature is found in Administration >> Users and access rights >>Operation.
- We have instituted a flag on profiles to allow for manual administrations of profiles. This is useful if the school administrative system used does not support differentiations between different pupil profiles.
- The SCORM engine has been upgraded with to a new version with improved performance and several bugfixes.
- IntraLibrary has been upgraded to version 2.9. Publishers will recieve information about this directly.
- The support for SCORM packages has been improved.
Video and sound recorder
- When recording video or sound with the integrated recorders in the editor the user can now enter a file name for the recording. This allows the users to more easily find the recordings later.
- When clicking the Search tab >> Search in it’s learning the search result is now more detailed. You get information about the title, which course the element belongs to, who created it and when it was last updated.
- Support for Firefox 3 and Opera 9.5 have been improved.
- it’s learning community
- The rich-text editor is now the default choice for editor in it’s learning community
- Support for customfields in batch based XML integrations.
Several performance and security improvements, in addition to these bugfixes:
- Exams: When Use checklist in Settings was unchecked while making an exam, the students did not see the Submit answer button and thus could not submit the exam. This bug has now been fixed.
- Assessment portfolio: In the previous versions the assessment portfolio links in ePortfolio were lost when user was no longer a member of the course. This bug has now been fixed.
- Rich-text editor: It was not possible to insert images from My course files when using the rich-text editor. This bug has now been fixed.
- Rights in courses and news list: A bug connected to rights in courses and news lists has been identified and corrected. Because of this bug, alerts from the information on the main page were sent to students that were not members of the actual group.
- Messages: When using an IMAP account as default a bug connected with the letter in the top menu has been identified and resolved.
- Search: Under certain conditions using the search function resulted in a server error. This bug has now been fixed.
- Media server: A bug connected to the media server connections has been identified and fixed. The connections should now close.
- AICC SID: A bug connected to an AICC SID error has been identified and fixed
- DirectEdit: When editing a file with DirectEdit where the file name contained parentheses, you would receive an error when uploading the file. This bug has now been fixed.
- Learning objectives: Some of our customers have experienced server errors when uploading learning objectives to a course. This bug has now been fixed.
- Multiple file uploading: When using the Java file uploader to upload multiple files to the tree menu in the main page, a server error appeared. This bug has now been fixed.
- Synchronisation: If you attempted to update the synchronisation key when manually editing a user in it's learning using a value that already exists as the synchronisation key for another user in the site, you were prevented from doing this, and an error message was displayed. This error has now been fixed.
- Early learner editor: In the early learner interface, when a learner clicked Save when submitting an assignment, the text became centre aligned.
Bug fixes in test tool 2.0 beta
- Beta test tool: An error occurred when opening submitted answers in the beta version of the new test tool. This error has now been fixed, and we have also added a more robust error handling.
- Beta test tool: When the learners submitted a test they received a grade, but in the test column in the grade book the grade was not available. In addition, the grade was not included in the average score. The grades appeared in the teacher view, but it was not sorted properly. Both bugs have now been fixed.
- Beta test tool: In the beta version of the new test tool it was not possible to export questions to QTI after someone has answered a test. This bug has now been fixed.
- Beta test tool: Some of our users experienced server errors when using the match question type. This bug as been identified and fixed.
- Beta test tool: If you entered the characters < or > in the Image properties >> Alternative text caused a server error when the test or question was saved. This bug has now been fixed.
- Beta test tool: Link insertion in Firefox did not work properly. This bug has now been fixed.
- Beta test tool: A layout bug was discovered in the multiple choice and multiple response question types in Internet Explorer 7. This bug has now been fixed.
- Beta test tool: The test result does now show correctly in the list.
If you had activated the ActiveX editor prior to this update you may have trouble showing the editor, for instance when writing messages. To solve the problem you must change to the Rich-text editor. This can be done in My settings >> Customise it’s learning >> Select text editor. Select 'Rich-text' from the drop-down list and click Save.
Posted on Thu, August 21, 2008
by Øyvind Flatnes