Top Tip: Getting Creative with Video
If you have found a video on YouTube that you would like your students to watch, you can add it directly onto your course page. This way, your students will see it when they log onto your course and will be able to watch it without leaving itslearning.
1. Open YouTube, find the video you want and copy the URL (the web address in your browser’s address bar).
2. Open your course. You now need to add the Bulletin content block to your course page.
(If you have a Bulletin content block on your course dashboard already, jump straight to step 3.)
On your course dashboard, click Add content block, select the Aggregated tab and choose Bulletins.
3. Click Add bulletin. Give your bulletin a title and write some introductory text about the video for your students in the text editor.
4. Click Insert and choose Web 2.0 content. (If you would rather record your own video using your webcam, click New video recording.)
5. Paste the YouTube URL into the URL field and click Insert. You will see an icon in the text editor to show where the video has been added.
6. Click Save. Both you and your students will be able to play the video in the bulletin on the course page.